ERROR: Origin is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.

This area is devoted to Product Questions/Answers. Please ask questions, report bugs and share ideas here.

ERROR: Origin is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.

Postby 4Mat » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi there,

I have just noticed an error for the IToris Product QA extension. The error prevents visitors from rating Questions & Answers. Once they click the ratings-button, the Ajax-loader keeps loading and then the page stalls.

From my Google Chrome browser I get this error:

XMLHttpRequest cannot load ... ratingPlus. Origin is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.

I have done some debugging and I noticed that this error is probably caused by the fact that I have recently changed Admin URL settings in System > Configuration > General > Web > Secure > Use Secure URL in Admin. I used to have an Unsecure URL for my Admin Panel, but a couple of weeks ago I have set this to Secure URL. Now I think for some security reason the error occurs.

To test this, I have set the Admin URL back to Unsecure again and tried to rate Questions and Answers. This time the error was gone and I was able to properly give some ratings :D

But now I want to use my Secure Admin URL and let my visitors rate Questions and Answers.

Is there a way to get rid of this error with a Secure Admin URL?

Re: ERROR: Origin is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Ori

Postby IToris team » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi Matthijs,

Can you send the URL for page where Q/A AJAX hangs on We will check it.

Best regards,
ITORIS teams
IToris team
Site Admin

Return to Product Questions/Answers