Problem with a form in Internet Explorer

This area is devoted to Product Questions/Answers. Please ask questions, report bugs and share ideas here.

Problem with a form in Internet Explorer

Postby Ahomechiki » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Hello,
I have a big problem which is bringing me many consequences .. I have Joomla 1.5 and create a form which you add a file, the problem I have is that it looks great in Firefox no problem, but in IE8 the text bar is not full, you only see a piece and if time Firefox does not look well.
I need if I can help as this is a big problem and I'm starting to use joomla least a month ago.
The page on which I'm working: http://www.insitemining.cl/index.php?op ... &Itemid=15
Grateful from now.

Victoria C. Iturriaga Abril. -
Ahomechiki

Re: Problem with a form in Internet Explorer

Postby IToris team » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi Ahomechiki,

For file uploads there are 2 parameters affect the element width. Different browsers use one or another parameter, so both should be defined:
1. Style "width". Open the element properties. Open tab "Styles". Find style "width". Enter the width in pixels, i.e.: 350px
2. Attribute "size". Open properties. Open tab "Attributes". Find attribute "size". Enter with in characters, i.e.: 50

Regards,
IToris team
IToris team
Site Admin

Postby Ahomechiki » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi IToris team,
I open the element properties and I write in that texbox, but what I want is to lengthen the rod attached, I do not want to move to position, it moves me in both browsers...

Thank you very much, regards.
Ahomechiki

Postby IToris team » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi Ahomechiki,

The solution provided is for SmartFormer Gold (SFG). We do not provide free support for the regular SmartFormer - http://www.itoris.com/joomla-form-build ... ormer.html. As you can see the SmartFormer's forum thread is locked.
Add "width:300px" to the Extra CSS field.
If you need further assistance we suggest you to upgrade to SFG. It's more powerful and is supported.

Regards,
IToris team
IToris team
Site Admin

Return to Product Questions/Answers