Announcements and Suggestions

This area is devoted to Product Questions/Answers. Please ask questions, report bugs and share ideas here.

Announcements and Suggestions

Postby IToris team » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:04 pm

The information about new releases, fixes and updates goes here.

Please feel free to describe the features you miss in Product Questions/Answers here
IToris team
Site Admin

Re: Announcements and Suggestions

Postby 4Mat » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi IToris Team!

For visitors it seems to be impossible to mark questions and answers as helpful, not helpful or inappropriate. They are redirected to the login page and have to create an account first. It would be nice if the Q&A evaluation could also be done by visitors and not only customers.

I think it would be best if the administrator could change settings for this from the admin panel. In the same way as for the "Visitors can post" (Questions & Answers/Questions only/Answers only).

In my opinion, the most important options would be: "Visitors can rate"

No
    Yes, helpful/not helpful/inappropriate
    Yes, inappropriate only

This would easily allow shop owners to choose his/her preferred setting from Magento backend. It would be nice if this feature is added in the next update for Product Questions/Answers.

Thanks!
4Mat

Postby 4Mat » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:54 am

In addition to my 1st suggestion to make the marking of Questions and Answers available to Visitors too by option in Admin Panel, I have two more suggestions for further improvement of this extension:

2. "Be the first to ask a question about this product."
If there is no Question for a product, the current version of the extension shows an empty (blank) block. It would be nice if this block would contain a message like "Be the first to ask a question about this product."

3. "Notify me by email when answer received" for other people interested
Only the person who has posed the question is able to receive an email automatically once an answer to his/her question is submitted. I can imagine that other customers/visitors are interested in answers for a particular question too. But they do not receive this email automatically. It would be nice if other customers/visitors could "subscribe to a question" too. Maybe therefore the "Notify me by email when answer received" checkbox could be displayed for (unanswered) questions as well. Making this feature optional from the Admin Panel would be best.

These 3 suggestions would really improve user experience for this extension.

Thanks!
4Mat

Postby IToris team » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi 4Mat,

All the features were released in v1.0.9. Please see the change log: http://www.itoris.com/magento-questions ... Change-Log

Regards,
ITORIS team
IToris team
Site Admin

Postby wfeb » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:33 am

Hi ITORIS Team,

Our staff often find that when we are responding to customer product questions it would be really good to be able to link to another product or webpage within the answer. Is it possible to enable a WYSIWYG editor (or at least a way to add hyperlinks to text) for admin entering answers?

Thanks!
wfeb

Postby IToris team » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi wfeb,

We will add the possibility in the next version.

Regards,
ITORIS team
IToris team
Site Admin

Postby IToris team » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi again wfeb,

The feature was released in v1.0.10. HTML Tags are now allowed for answers posted by admin. HTML tags are NOT allowed from Frontend to prevent HTML and JS Injections.
To create a link in the answer use tag <a>. For example:

Code: Select all
bla-bla-bla <a href="http://www.itoris.com" target="blank">link</a>.

Regards,
ITORIS team
IToris team
Site Admin

Return to Product Questions/Answers