Search by Category - short information

This area is devoted to Search by Category. Please ask questions, report bugs and share ideas here.

Search by Category - short information

Postby IToris team » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:43 pm

We are glad to announce our Magento extension - Search by Category.

Search by Category provides two display modes.

You can set it to be an advanced search where your customers select a category (or it is pre-selected already if they are inside the category on the website) and search area is changed immediately to show only the category’s attributes. Then they enter a word or phrase – and voila! – they get the exact list of items they have been looking for.

Or you can set it to be a filter (‘search by’ functionality). Your customers will narrow parameters going deep inside categories and sub-categories. At any step they can select to display the results or continue narrowing the parameters.

And even more! You can add advanced search to your simple search. It will be a modern slider closed by defaults and sliding down on click. Or/and you insert search anywhere on your website as a widget.

Please check the official page of SmartForem Gold for more information

Here you can find User Guide and demo
IToris team
Site Admin

cannot download Search By Category after purchase

Postby mikee » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:06 pm

HI,

I have purchased this product (search by category) hours ago through paypal, and I haven't received any email response from IToris.

my email is mike@readimedia.net

pls re-send the link to my email

thanks!
mikee

Re: Search by Category - short information

Postby IToris team » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi mikee,

You placed the order with email 'mike@readmedia.net' instead of 'mike@readimedia.net'. We have corrected your credentials.

Regards,
IToris team
IToris team
Site Admin

failed to load search result page [solved]

Postby mikee » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:09 am

Hi,

I have successfully installed the SBC extension.

however, I still facing some issue displaying the search result through SBC widget.

When I click on the search value from the attribute and click search it came out with a white screen page with "Fatal error: Call to a member function getParentBlock() on a non-object in /home/readim5/public_html/djauto-testsite/app/code/local/Itoris/Asearch/controllers/ResultController.php(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 66",

when I switched to default theme of magento, it works, so im guessing it has to assign to my theme for search result page.

Pls help me on this..
thanks very much

Mike
mikee

Re: Search by Category - short information

Postby IToris team » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:21 pm

The issue has been solved
IToris team
Site Admin

Return to Search by Category