How to install Smart Former Gold?

Please ask questions, report bugs and share your ideas about SmartFormer Gold for Joomla in this forum

How to install Smart Former Gold?

Postby IToris team » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:46 pm

To install SFG please do the following:

From Smart Former Gold's webpage please download the Installer

1.a.
Or you may use the direct URL http://www.itoris.com/products/sfg_installer.zip

Using the standard Joomla installation process install it on your site.

Follow the instructions (it will check your settings and propose downloading the component)

After that you will have the trial version of Smart Former Gold. The trial is FREE and available for 7 days.

To activate the component please buy the licence from Smart Former Gold's webpage if you are new to our products.

N.B. Customers having Smart Former will get discounts on Gold version
N.B.2. The licence is provided on ONE host only
N.B.3. There is multi-licence version with special prices available

6.a.
To get the discount please log in to http://www.itoris.com using your login details (for customers having accounts) and find the information there.

After the payment is submitted - you will receive the email with the login details and your S/N.

Please open Smart Former Gold on your website and add the S/N (at the top of the main page there is the field for entering it)

Now your component is activated

IToris team
IToris team
Site Admin

using one key on both local and internet hosts

Postby IToris team » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:10 pm

There are many questions of if the same key can be used for local host and regular host (so that to develop locally and upload on site).

You can use the same activation key if the name of your local host ABSOLUTELY coincides with the regular host.

Also N.B. when you install a trial - please make sure you use a unique name for your local host. At least please do NOT use some popular ones like
Code: Select all
myjoomla

or
Code: Select all
localhost

IToris team
IToris team
Site Admin

Installation

Postby karl700 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:29 am

Hi!

I have a question about the local installation of sfg. I have joomla running with joomla2Go! on my computer. I installed the somponent with the setup script I have downloaded yesterday.
Normally the trial of the component should working seven days wihtout registration but it says the trial period is over!! I also bought the component and tried the serial key but after validating hte component tells me, that the serial is almost registrated on my webhost - www.zum-amphitheater.at.

I don´t understand why, it should be possible to work with the component on my home computer. And joomla2Go! has it´s own path: http://127.0.0.1:4001

By the way:

I want just programming offline to test all functions from sfg because I have troubles with the component on the Live-Site. During the installation the install script tells me that all is OK.
After installation on my webhost it seemed that all is running without problems. But then I found over hundred entries in the plugin folder on the admin site (Content Smart Former Gold). I tried to deinstall but no chance.!!

Also, when I start with a new form it seem all is running prefect. But after saving the form and on click to edit the form again all form elements were lost. D you have an idea why this happens?

Waiting for an answer....
Greets from Austria,
Karl
karl700

Postby IToris team » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:06 pm

Hi Karl,

As it is said above, please use the unique name for your local host, as the trial for popular names is already over for the other users, and the installer checks the names.

So if your localhost is named zum-amphitheater.at - you can test the trial and then use the same key for both local and regular hosts.

The same S/N (activation key) can be used on several different hosts if they have the same names and different IP addresses (so that people have the possibility to develop locally and upload to their sites).

After installation on my webhost it seemed that all is running without problems. But then I found over hundred entries in the plugin folder on the admin site (Content Smart Former Gold). I tried to deinstall but no chance.!!

We have added it to bugs' list, in the following update it will be fixed.

Also, when I start with a new form it seem all is running prefect. But after saving the form and on click to edit the form again all form elements were lost. D you have an idea why this happens?

Can you please give more details on it?

1. Have you received the message the form has been saved successfully?

2. Has the page loaded to the end? (it takes some time for a form to load sometimes)

3. Can you edit the sample forms?

4. Can you clone any of the forms?

5. When you submit a form from the front-end - do you see a new record in admin area?

You may post answers here or send them to support@itoris.com The answers will help defining the problem and fixing it for you.

IToris team
IToris team
Site Admin

Re: How to install Smart Former Gold?

Postby apelsinskal » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Trying to install SFG for Joomla 3.3.1

apelsinskal

Return to SmartFormer Gold for Joomla