Form submission does not trigger email to admin

This area is devoted to Magento Form Builder SmartFormer Gold. Please ask questions, report bugs and share ideas here.

Form submission does not trigger email to admin

Postby riverssvend » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:40 pm

I have created a valid admin template, submit button is set to save data, submit button's name is not "submit" so button's name does not override sfg.submit, email-to-admin is checked, admin-email has a valid email address, admin-email-template is set to my template, and still no email is sent to the admin on form submission. Form data is submitting as the number of records increases with each form submission. Any ideas as to what the problem could be?
riverssvend

Re: Form submission does not trigger email to admin

Postby IToris team » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Hello,

Do you receive email from your Magento at all? For example, when you create a new customer account?
Also try setting another admin's email address for your submit button, for example @gmail.com. Will you receive it?

Best regards,
ITORIS team
IToris team
Site Admin

Postby riverssvend » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:36 pm

Yeah, I get emails. I probably should have mentioned this before: I wrote the code for the form myself (except for the submit button, which I needed to create from the WYSIWYG so that submission would trigger an email) and pasted it in the HTML editor right before <%form_html%>. I created a prior version of the form entirely in the WYSIWYG, and this sent emails fine with the same amount of information as I am providing to the new form. However, I need to be able to structure the form code myself, so an entirely WYSIWYG-made form is not an option. What can I do to make a self-coded form send emails? It doesn't seem like there should be any extra steps here.
riverssvend

Postby IToris team » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:13 pm

Hi again,

Can you send backend credentials to support@itoris.com so that we check what you have now?

Best regards,
Roman
www.itoris.com
IToris team
Site Admin

Postby riverssvend » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:21 pm

No, but I am sending the form code now and can send screenshots from the WYSIWYG on request.
riverssvend

Postby IToris team » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:27 pm

Well, SFG is a tool for developers. It provides integrated PHP editor for your custom code. It is hard to know what the issue is, not seeing it ourselves, but your custom code can potentially break the email sending. Or you do it incorrectly. There are a few examples on how to send custom email in your PHP code. Check here - smartformer-gold-for-joomla-f44/sending-multiple-recipients-t3103.html?hilit=inconstant#p7596
IToris team
Site Admin

Return to SmartFormer Gold for Magento