Problem sending Email

Please find and discuss FAQs and JS/PHP samples here

Problem sending Email

Postby TrielD » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:43 pm

Ok I have read all of these posts. I did everything it said to get the email to work correctly but it just does not work. When I test my form I get: PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED,

I as the admin get the custom email but me as a user of the form do not get the email. I am getting frustrated. Any help would sure be appreciated.

I know that the email does work because as I stated me as the admin gets the custom email with the form fields. I have checked the email data box, I have put the admin's email in the "Email to" box, I have selected the users email and have it in the "User email field" (All of these are on the submit button of the form). Then I went to the settings for the form and checked "Enable user notification" box, the from email is my admin email that was also put in the form "Email to" box. The "mail to" in the settings is not selectable it says "The users email" just like it shows on the screen shots.

So, please anyone who can help please. I would appreciate it as my boss wants to send out emails to the users who submit a request.

Thanks!
TrielD

Postby berlbear » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:19 pm

I am getting the same using IIS.

Code: Select all
PHPMAILER_FROM_FAILEDname@domain.com
PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED,

My mail settings are using SMTP, and is functioning for two other extensions which send out mails.

Using Smart Former 2.4.0.

Would be happy to send anything you like to diagnose this.
berlbear

Postby miles_holt » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Yeh same problem here,

In admin>>server>>mail settings, I get the following errors:

With PHP Mail:

"Could not instantiate mail"

SMTP:

"SMTP Error! Could not connect to SMTP host.
SMTP Error! Could not connect to SMTP host."

Sendmail:

"PHPMAILER_EXECUTE/usr/sbin/sendmail"

I've been through the following advise that was given on other threats, made sure everything that needed to be enabled was (send mail >> true, enable email notification etc).

I also tried changing the port number from 25 to 80 (apparently this helps, you need to be sure of your outgoing port number, check with your hosting account as it might not be 80). - but still no luck.

i've managed to receive mails to admin, but not into my hotmail account as a user.

Now out of options :(
miles_holt

Re: Problem sending Email

Postby IToris team » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Please check this topic
IToris team
Site Admin

Return to Smart Former